Date Posted: 2017-11-22 07:04:07.0
post doc position University Hasselt Belgium
Type: Full Time
Category: Post-Doc Fellowships
he Faculty of Medicine and Life Sciences, capacity group Rehabilitation Sciences & Physiotherapy of Hasselt University seeks a (m/f)
doctor-assistant in underlying mechanisms of motor control, motor learning and cognition in elderly
Within the context of the Rehabilitation Research Center (REVAL) of the Faculty of Medicine & Life Sciences of Hasselt University a post-doc position to investigate age-related neurodegenerative changes in the brain is opened (100%).
The candidate will help to supervise master thesis students in which the impact of aging on motor control, motor learning and cognition is investigated. In addition, the candidate will assist in teaching seminars, lectures and / or practical training in the field of neurology and scientific research methods.
The Department of Rehabilitation Sciences and Physiotherapy wishes to recruit a postdoctoral researcher for a project that deals with the impact of aging on motor control, motor learning and cognition. He / she will use neurophysiological research methods TMS, EEG and non invasive brain stimulation in elderly with the aim of modulating neuroplasticity and investigating its underlying mechanisms.
In the present project, we will go beyond the basic descriptions of age related changes in activation and observed structural declines by unraveling its deeper mechanisms during tasks requiring cognitive control of action.
- You are holder of a Phd. in Movement and/or Rehabilitation Sciences and Physiotherapy, Psychology or equivalent. (or equivalent)
- You have a relevant national and international network.
- You have advanced knowledge and experience with neurophysiological and imaging research methods.
- You are able to set up independent research and support others in setting up their research.
- You have good teaching and supervision skills.
- You are a highly motivated and ambitious scientist, what is obvious from your publication record and acquired or requested funds.
You will be appointed and paid as doctor-assistant.
Appointment of 3 years.
Preselection based on CV. Interview with the selected candidates.
You can only apply online up to and including 15 December 2017.Further information
Content job responsibilities:
Prof. dr. Raf MEESEN, +32-11-292124, email@example.com
Education Level: Doctorate Degree
Location: Hasselt, Maryland, Belgium
Expiration: 2017-12-22 07:04:08.0