Date Posted: 2017-12-08 08:41:58.0
Type: Full Time
SRI’s Center for Education Policy is committed to bringing rigorous research and evaluation data to bear on important policy decisions concerning K–12 public education. We are seeking to hire a research associate who will work as a team member on multiple projects within the Center for Education Policy.
Assignments will include work on multiple ongoing projects related to school reform, teacher quality, and transitions to higher education and the workforce. Responsibilities may include: conducting literature reviews and web research, participating in site visits to schools, conducting interviews and observations, developing surveys, managing survey administration and database construction and maintenance, analysis of qualitative and quantitative data, and writing and preparing reports and presentations.
The position offers opportunities for professional growth and promotion. Qualified applicants from traditionally underrepresented groups are especially encouraged to apply.
- An interest in K–12 education policy at the state and federal level and a passion to improve education for all students.
- Research experience involving qualitative and/or quantitative methodologies/statistics.
- Research, professional, or volunteer experience in or with the US public K–12 education system.
- Organized, attentive to detail, have the ability to prioritize tasks and take initiative.
- Possess good people skills, a desire to learn, and the ability to communicate clearly, including strong writing skills.
- Knowledge of software applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Experience with database applications (e.g., Filemaker, Access) desirable.
- Master’s degree in education, public policy, economics, sociology, or other social science discipline and 2 years work experience preferred.
Employment at SRI is contingent on successful completion of a background check.
SRI International, founded as Stanford Research Institute in 1946, is a leading independent research institute. SRI conducts sponsored R&D for its government, business, and foundation clients in information and engineering technologies, pharmaceuticals and biotechnology, chemistry and materials, education, health sciences, and economics.
SRI Education’s (http://www.sri.com/about/organization/education) programs help identify trends, understand outcomes, and guide policy and practice. We work with state and federal agencies, private foundations, nonprofit organizations, and commercial clients to provide research-based solutions to challenges posed by rapid social, technological and economic change.
How to apply:
Apply via our web page: www.sri.com/careers to job number 1646BR.
SRI International is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
Location: Menlo Park, California, United States
Expiration: 2018-01-07 08:42:00.0