Date Posted: 2017-11-13 19:36:40.0
DATA ANALYST (NEUROIMAGING) AT MGH, HARVARD MEDICAL SCHOOL (BOSTON, MA)
Type: Full Time
RESEARCH AND DATA ANALYST
LABORATORY FOR NEUROSPYCHIATRY AND NEUROMODULATION
MASSACHUSETTS GENERAL HOSPITAL, HARVARD MEDICAL SCHOOL
The Laboratory for Neuropsychiatry and Neuromodulation at the Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, is seeking a full time Research and Data Analyst for a series of exciting large-scale projects aimed at understanding the circuit dynamics underlying neuropsychiatric disorders and their treatments. The laboratory is a multidisciplinary group conducting clinical, translational and basic human neuroscience research with healthy and neuropsychiatric populations, using device-based neuromodulation interventions (TMS, tDCS, ECT, DBS, etc.), neuroimaging, EEG, behavioral and clinical methods. The program is directed by Joan Camprodon, MD MPH PhD and includes the Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS) clinical service, tightly integrated with our research mission, where we provide individualized treatments for neuropsychiatric patients.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Scientific and Data Analyst responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Implement and support processing pipelines for multimodal neuroimaging analysis, including resting-state and task-based fMRI, DTI and volumetric data.
- Implement and support statistical analyses and scripts for behavioral, clinical and neuroscience data.
- Assist in the creation of databases, query tools for data mining, and documentation on their effective use. Behavioral (RedCap, etc.) and neuroimaging databases (XNAT, etc.) are emphasized.
- Maintain quality control and integrity of neuroimaging and behavioral data by developing, implementing and overseeing data entry and QC protocols.
- Implement web-based behavioral questionnaires (e.g. RedCap) and program behavioral tasks with presentation software (e.g. Psychophysics Toolbox, PsychoPy, Presentation).
- Provide programming and analysis support for lab members.
- Coordinate general lab computer/network administration (including data management and archiving).
- Assist with the preparation of scientific reports and publications.
- B.A., B.S. or equivalent with background in neuroscience, computer science, engineering or related fields. Masters or PhD degree preferred but not required. 2+ years of prior technical experience.
- Quantitative and extremely proficient with multiple neuroimaging analysis platforms (HCP Pipeline, FreeSurfer, SPM, FSL, AFNI, etc.).
- Strong programming skills and comfort with diverse computing environments required.
- Strong background in statistics and statistical software scripting (R preferred).
- Strong interpersonal skills and a high level of organization with careful attention to detail are absolutely required. This position requires a high degree of motivation and self-sufficiency, although extensive training and supervision will be provided.
- Experience with neuroimaging and behavioral databases.
- Experience with network analyses, machine learning and modeling confer a significant advantage.
- Experience with EEG analysis is preferred.
- Graphic or Web design skills are considered a plus, but not required for consideration.
Applications must be sent by email to Dr. Joan Camprodon (firstname.lastname@example.org) CCing Lauren Johnson (email@example.com) and include a CV, cover letter and names of three references.
Expected start date: Fall 2017/Winter 2018
Location: Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Expiration: 2018-02-15 15:07:42.0