Fellow of OHBM
The Organization for Human Brain Mapping, is pleased to announce the Call for Fellow of OHBM. The Fellow of OHBM distinction honors outstanding Active members (as defined in the dues category) of the Organization of Human Brain Mapping who have demonstrated academic and intellectual leadership in the disciplines represented by the Society over an extended period of time. By earning the right to include the initials FOHBM among their credentials demonstrates that the individual has been honored by one of the community’s most eminent Society’s for human brain mapping.
Please submit all required information here by November 30, 2020.
Requirements for Fellow of OHBM
The following requirements must be met before the applicant can be presented to the Awards Committee for consideration as a Fellow of OHBM.
- Applicants must be an Active member (as defined by the dues category) in good standing of OHBM for at least 7 years, must have attended at least 7 annual meetings (years in either category do not have to be concurrent).
- History of active engagement in OHBM activities.
- Two letters of recommendation, from current OHBM members, must be submitted. Letters of recommendation must outline why the individual should be accepted as a Fellow and their contributions to OHBM and the brain mapping community.
- Applicant must be currently and actively contributing to the field on a full-time basis.
- A personal statement of no more than 1,000 words outlining the applicant’s reasons for applying to be a Fellow and how their contribution meets the purpose of the distinction.
- Current Curriculum vitae (no more than 10 publications)
- Completed application form.
NOTE: Nominations that are not formatted correctly, contain incorrect documents, or are missing required documents will not be considered.
Application Process for Fellow Status
Consideration of applying to become a Fellow of OHBM begins with a self-assessment, followed by securing two OHBM members who will write a letter of recommendation. A Call for Fellows of OHBM Applications will be distributed to the OHBM members seeking applications. Applications must be completed and submitted to the OHBM Executive Office in the timeline and per the instructions on the application.
Applications will be evaluated by the Awards Committee with recommendations submitted to the OHBM Council for final approval. No more than 1% of current Active members will be selected in any given year to receive the Fellow of OHBM status.
Those approved for Fellow of OHBM status will be inducted at the 27th Annual Meeting.
Fellows of OHBM will receive a pin, a Fellow of OHBM Certificate, and their names will be included on the Wall of Fellows of OHBM located on the OHBM website.
Questions? Please direct them to the OHBM Executive Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.